Tuesday 13 October 2020

porter-cable 20v max cordless drill combo kit

 


Great Drill, affordable price

For the money, this is a great combo set. I purchased this drill to use at work. I have been using this drill to start a gas liquid transfer pump we have at my job. I have a bad back, and this engine is a pain to start. So pulling on the recoil starter is not good for me. On setting 1, it has sufficient torque but not enough speed for my particular needs. Speed 2, seems just fast enough to turn the motor over and get it running. This drill is a life saver, or back saver, that quite frankly I couldn't live without at this point in my life, and for my needs works perfectly. I have an expensive Dewalt drill and impact. Cost me over $300 just for the drill and $120 for the impact driver. Now I will say that you do get what you pay for. There are many obvious build qualities in the Dewalt that surpass this Porter Cable. For instance, the chuck on my Dewalt is metal, this Porter Cable is plastic. The actual size of the drills too, this Porter Cable is much smaller than my black and yellow one. I'm am by no means saying that makes it a bad tool, just not a heavy duty tool. I didn't want to ruin my good drill on the job, so that's why I bought this one. However, for a regular person or homeowner, I think this is a great drill. I did take off 1 star because of the batteries. A 1.3 amp hour battery is not sufficient and seems cheaply made. With both batteries, thats 2.6 amp hours of work time, my Dewalt is two 3.0 amp hours(which I have 4 of because I bought my drill and impact separately) . But again the price reflects that. I am not using the carry bag that came with it, I prefer hard cases, especially in my work truck. I'm using a Dewalt power tool case and Stanley power inverter I purchased as well here on Amazon. Overall though, I'm extremely satisfied with the build and price of this drill and, I am considering purchasing a second one for home as a backup. 

porter cable 20v max drill.click here for price 

Combo Kit

  • 1/2 inch two speed drill/driver. High performance motor delivers 283 Units Watts Out and 0-350/0-1,500 RPM.
  • Compact design 8.25 inch long and 3.5 lbs. Drill features an ergonomic handle design, LED light and bit storage
  • 1/4 inch impact driver delivers 1450 in/lbs of torque, 0-2,800 RPM and 0-3,100 BPM. Quick load chuck for one handed bit changes.
  • Compact design 6.9" long and 3.3 lbs.Impact driver features an ergonomic handle, LED light and bit storage
  • 20V MAX 1.3 Ah lithium ion batteries included. Professional grade batteries deliver more runtime and are lighter weight than traditional NiCd batteries 

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment